MAIS 797 - Interdisciplinary Studies Proposal is a 1-credit course designed to facilitate the creation of a draft of a project or thesis proposal. Successful completion of the course is just the beginning of the process of submitting the proposal. To submit a proposal (procedures are the same for project and thesis):
1. The student must submit the proposal to their committee chair for review and then execute any required changes.
2. When the committee chair indicates the proposal is ready to share with the other committee members, the student must submit the proposal to them and execute any required changes.
3. The student must circulate an original copy of the Proposal Signature Sheet, available for download on the MAIS website, to all committee members.
4. The student must submit a copy of the proposal and the signature sheet to the appropriate concentration head.
5. The student must submit a hard copy of the final proposal to the MAIS office.
6. The student must submit a hard copy original of the Proposal Signature Sheet, including the concentration head's signature, to the MAIS office for the director's signature.
7. Students will then need to complete procedures required in order to register for the project or thesis credits.