George Mason University is Virginia’s largest public research university. Located near Washington, D.C., Mason enrolls more than 33,000 students from 130 countries and all 50 states. Mason has grown rapidly over the past half-century and is recognized for its innovation and entrepreneurship, remarkable diversity, and commitment to accessibility. Mason is also one of the best values in higher education, producing graduates who lead all Virginia schools with the highest annual salaries.
More specifically -
- Faculty in the program represent a unique interdisciplinary focus. Faculty have backgrounds and degrees in history, economics, law, education, student development, and higher education, and have successfully obtained grants from NSF, Google, Department of State, and 4VA.
- Unique educational opportunities at Mason across campus (such as the Center for Well Being and the Center for Global Islamic Studies) offer a network of opportunities for graduate professional assistantships, internships, and research sites.
- Support services in the Office of Graduate Student Life provide graduate student professional development in writing and academic support, networking and community building, research resources, a graduate student lounge, and career resources.
- Local resources in northern Virginia and the greater Washington DC area provide students with opportunities to participate in leadership initiatives of higher education institutions and associations, engage in policy relevant work in government and non-governmental associations, and teach or work in area universities and community colleges.
- Small classes ensure engaging interactions with peers and faculty in a community of learners.