A project or thesis is finished when every committee member says that it is finished, and even the MAIS director can request further revision. Students are encouraged to work well ahead and keep the lines of communication open.
For students writing a thesis, you will have to work on the timetable established by University Dissertation & Thesis Services and the CHSS dean's office in order to get the requisite signatures and file the thesis in time to graduate.
Students who are preparing to graduate should consult the CHSS website for the latest Graduation Checklist, which will help to ensure you meet all of the University and Registrar requirements for degree conferral.
Thesis Submission Procedures
Please note, concentration heads do not sign off on theses, though students should submit the thesis to their concentration head if the concentration head is not already on the student's committee.
- Circulate a final version of the thesis to the committee and obtain signatures on an original copy of the Thesis Signature Sheet, available for download at right.
- Follow all procedures with University Dissertation & Thesis Services.
- Submit a soft copy (email attachment) of the completed thesis to the MAIS director for review.
- Submit a hard copy original of the signature sheet, with all committee signatures, to the MAIS director for signature.
- Retrieve this document to procure the dean's signature (contact email@example.com for assistance) prior to submission to UDTS.
Project Submission Procedures
Projects are not handled by University Dissertation & Thesis Services and do not require the dean's signature. They do, however, require the concentration head's signature. Final submission will be to the Interdisciplinary Studies program.
- Circulate a final version of the project to the committee and obtain signatures on an original copy of the Project Signature Sheet, available for download at right.
- Obtain the concentration head's signature on the Project Signature Sheet.
- Submit a soft copy of the completed project to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a hard copy of the signature sheet, with original signatures, to the MAIS director for signature.
Resources: Project and Thesis Submission